Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bedrooms

I was thinking the other day about all the different bedrooms that have been mine over the years. Here's my list, as best I can remember:

1. Whatever room I slept in Michigan, where I was born and spent the first year or so of my life.
2. Whatever room I slept in at our house near Cropley road in San Jose.
3. The room in the house on Country Walk Circle.
4. My first bedroom in the house on Cedarcrest Ln.
5. Same house, second room.
6. My room at Tutu and Papa's house in Honolulu. (4 months)
7. The Missionary Training Center in Provo, UT. (2 months)
8. El Edificio del Tigre, Salina Cruz, Mexico. (2 months)
9. La casa cerca del dique seco, Salina Cruz, Mexico. (1 month)
10. El Barrio de Pueblo Nuevo, Oaxaca, Mexico. (4 months)
12. Tehuantepec, Mexico. (3 months)
13. Pochutla, Mexico. (1 1/2 months)
14. San Juan Guichicovi, Mexico. (1 1/2 months)
15. Barrio Guelaguetza, Mexico. (3 months)
16. Barrio Violetas, Mexico. (1 month)
17. Juchitan, Mexico. (3 months?)
18. Juchitan, Mexico II. (>1 month)
19. Cedarcrest Ln. house, third bedroom. (1 1/2 months)
20. Wyview building 13, Provo. (4 months)
21. Liberty Square, Provo. (4 months)
22. Victoria Place Two apartment #78. (5 1/2 months!)

Those are the bedrooms that have been mine , not just rooms that I have stayed in. How many have you had?

I have been living in #22 for about 5 1/2 months. This is the first time I have lived in the same place for more than four months in a row since I graduated from high school.

6 comments:

Alena said...

The older we get, the more I like you.

tolman said...

well lets see i was born in Murtaugh idaho and lived there for 3 years and 2 years in a nother home then the yellow house in twin falls idaho for way to long i think it was 9?
then to the house i grew up in that i remember best tell i moved to utah then back to twin went on a mission lived in 5 different places, come home to my home moved to nampa had a apartment then my van then a apartment then to utah again lived with my aunt and uncle then met my wife and moved to stgeorge lived there in two homes and now hear in pocatello so that would be about 21 i believe

Carianne King said...

You call your grandma Tutu?!?! That's what my mom goes by with the grandkids! YAY! Most people don't know what it means! :)

Jennifer said...

I came up with 20 and i moved alot i went to 18 schools. how you beat me i dont know. i must have miscounted. congrats anyways

martha said...

Nicolas, sweet nicolas. that's a whole lotta bedrooms. i've had just under 10 i think. boring.

Lil Lizzie said...

nic! i just found your blog. i have only "owned" 11 bedrooms. but i think your mission put you ahead! i'll have to catch up to you on my mission :) fun to find you, see ya soon i'm sure!

liz